Effective Date: December 2015
- Information We Collect
Information You Affirmatively Provide. When you register for TrueBlue’s services, or apply for employment through the TrueBlue website online, by email, by text message, by phone, or in person, you may be required to provide information including, but not limited to, your full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, and password (collectively, along with other information that directly identifies you, “personal information”). In addition, we may ask you to provide your job related preferences, skills, hours of availability, certifications, transportation mode and interests and other information to set up your profile from which you can be identified. The information described above is information that you specifically provide. Other information that you specifically provide includes, but is not limited to, the content of emails, text messages, letters, phone calls, and comments you send, place, or post to TrueBlue or our employees, agents, affiliates, or representatives. At no time are you under any obligation to provide personal information to TrueBlue. Personal information is required however, in the event you would like to benefit from the services offered by TrueBlue. We expect you to provide accurate information to the best of your ability. However, we do not seek to collect through our website any sensitive personal information such as information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership or that concerns a person’s health. Please do not submit any such information.
Information Supplied By Others. We may get personal information and User Data about you from third parties. For example, other users of the App may provide us with personal information and User Data about you.
Automatically Collected Information. In addition to your personal information described above, we may collect information automatically regarding your use of our website. This information includes but is not limited to, your IP address, browser, operating system, internet service provider, location, the type of cellular phone you use, unique device identifiers, and cellular service provider (collectively, “analytics information”). We may also collect and use information and statistics that describe the demographics, usage and/or characteristics of our users as part of the analytics information. In general, we do not use this analytics information to directly identify users of our Services.
- How we use the information we collect You understand, acknowledge, and agree that for various purposes we may use and share your personal information, without further notice or consent. In general, TrueBlue uses information it collects to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our website and related activities. You should assume that TrueBlue will use any information you provide for all lawful purposes. We reserve the right to use, disclose, process, transmit, retain, license, share, sell and otherwise deal with (collectively, “Disclose”) all personal information and analytics information for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion we may Disclose personal information and analytics information:
- to service providers and other third parties for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders;
- as authorized by you or consented to by your legal representative;
- to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, including voluntary disclosures;
- to law enforcement of any illegal activity or material we suspect or discover on, through, or otherwise relating to our services and provide law enforcement officials with all requested information about the user account from which the alleged or actual illegal activity or material originated;
- to companies that you work for, or that you are considered to work for;
- to provide you with the Services and to respond to your requests;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to exercise our rights or to assist third parties in defending their rights under applicable laws, including, without limitation, to assert, defend, and enforce our property rights and to respond to legal process;
- to communicate or market to you about the Services or to other products or services TrueBlue or its affiliates or subsidiaries offer or believe that you might be interested in;
- to third parties for TrueBlue or third party advertising purposes or
- for other reasons that are not prohibited by law.
This Policy is intended to help you understand our general practices. This Policy is not a promise that personal information or analytics information will never be disclosed except as described above. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access information transmitted to or contained in the Services. In addition, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse or misuse information, despite a lack of permission. TrueBlue makes no guarantee that your information or communications will always be private or protected.
- THIRD PARTIES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
While all of the Third Party Services TrueBlue uses are not described in this Policy, examples of Third Party Services it uses or may use include:
Google, for the Google Analytics service, including to help TrueBlue to collect and use analytics information in connection with the Services. To learn more about the Google Analytics privacy practices, visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Facebook, including to help authenticate you, log you into your account, or to share personal or profile information with the Services. To learn more about Facebook privacy practices, visit https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy.
- Location Based Information Services
You may opt-in to Services that gather location-based information (“LBI”). If you opt-in to Services with LBI sharing, we may obtain your personally identifiable LBI (which shall constitute personal information under this policy) from your mobile device to provide the Services to you, for the purposes allowed for personal information in this Policy, and for other purposes, including, without limitation, determining: your proximity to a previously scheduled job site; or your proximity to a future potential job site.
We may aggregate and use your LBI for any legal purpose, which may include, without limitation, reporting usage, adoption of LBI, and improvement of the Services. LBI services are available on many major wireless carriers in the United States but may not be available on all carriers. The LBI services will not be available if your device or its location services are turned off.
- Applying Online When you apply for employment through our Services, we may ask you to create a user profile. Your user profile will be used by TrueBlue to consider your qualifications for employment with TrueBlue or its customers. In addition, we will use your email address for the primary purpose of sending a confirmation that you have successfully completed your registration and to communicate with you about the employment application process. You may also consent to receive an email notification of future opportunities with TrueBlue by checking a preference box that appears when you create your user profile. If you change your mind and would like to stop receiving the emails, you may provide notice according to the instructions set forth below. For the purposes of using the services provided by our website, you will select a username and password. You are responsible for the security of your password and login information, and we recommend that you not divulge your password to anyone. By providing any information to TrueBlue, you agree to take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your username and password. It is each user’s responsibility to keep his or her information accurate, up-to-date and current at all times. If your information is not accurate, up-to-date and current, we may not be able to process your requests for information or contacts or provide Service to you effectively. To update or correct your personal information or other profile information, you may log into your account on the website and follow the instructions.
- your choices
In its sole discretion or when required by law, TrueBlue may give you choices about how personal information or analytics information is Disclosed. These choices include the following options with respect to certain communications:
Your selection of a “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on the Tracking Technologies or the automatic collection of analytics information. This may be for a number of reasons. For example, not all tracking technologies can be controlled by browsers; unique aspects of your browser might be recognizable even if you disable a Tracking Technology; not all settings will necessarily last or be effective; even if a setting is effective for one purpose data still may be collected for another; and even if one website observes a “Do Not Track” signal, that website usually will not be able to control other websites.
- Information Protection considerations The internet and mobile phones are not secure media and no system can be considered 100% secure. We do not guarantee personal information or analytics information is protected and we accept no liability for loss or exposure of user information in the event of a breach. In the event a security breach should occur, we will endeavor to remedy the problem. By registering for our services or by using the website, you hereby affirmatively consent to receiving our notification regarding any breach or compromise, or suspected breach or compromise, of the security of your personal information, by email, telephone whether through voice or text messages, posting on our website, or postal mail, as we deem appropriate, and as required by law. It is your responsibility to keep your username, password and other account access information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
- Retention and Deletion TrueBlue reserves the right: to keep personal information and analytics information for as long as it provides Services to you or indefinitely; and to dispose of it at its discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
- Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our website who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure, during the past year, of personal information for marketing purposes. To make such a request, write us at TrueBlue, 1015 A Street, Tacoma, Washington 98402.
- Children Our Services are only intended for use by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware or suspect that you are under the age of 18, any information you submit will be subject to our reasonable efforts to destroy such information, except as necessary for verifying your age or as required by law. No information should be submitted to TrueBlue by underage persons.
- Contact Us Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions regarding this Policy. You may contact us at:
1015 A Street
Tacoma, Washington 98402
Attn: Legal Department
Last Updated: DECEMBER 9, 2015